Frequently Asked Questions & Weather Advisory
Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions and FAQs 248-238-2400.
What time do you deliver?
- Knights Tent & Party Rental delivers from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. barring special requests, generally 1-3 days before the event. This gives you time for set up and decorating before your special event. Pick up from 9:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. is generally 1-2 days after the event. This allows for proper clean-up and organization of the items. Please check you invoice for Delivery Date and Pickup Date and have everything ready for our arrival. Additional charges may apply for specific day and time requests. Late, after hours, Winter, and weekend delivery and pickup requests will also have an additional charge.
Do your driver’s set-up the equipment? What do I need to do before pick-up?
- Knights Tent & Party Rental staff is happy to set up and tear down all tents, moonwalks, and heavy equipment which is included in our labor cost on all estimates/invoices. There is an additional charge to set up tables and chairs. It is not recommended to set up chairs until the day of your party (to avoid the morning dew and potential of items getting dirty).
- Delivery charges vary upon location and difficulty of tent. Local delivery is $68, 1-10 miles, for small pole and frame tents or other equipment. Larger orders or further distances vary
- We do not set up or breakdown tables and chairs, nor place linens on any tables and chairs unless requested at reservation. An extra charge does apply for each service.
- Knights is not responsible for damage to sprinkler lines, patios, driveways, decks, porches, etc. We do our best to be very careful in all situations. We ask that you mark all sprinkler lines / heads, utility lines, and inform us of all load capacities for all surfaces. By approving the staking, metal or concrete, on your surface, you acknowledge that your surface is capable of handle the stake depth or load force, if concrete. If you don’t know what the surface is capable of, neither do we. Our responsibility is to assure the tent is secured safely. By placing the order, you acknowledge that you have reviewed and approve of all metal stakes or concrete weights being used to secure your tent.
- We do not recommend resurfacing your driveway just prior to an event. The trucks are heavy and so is our equipment.
- If you do not want us to drive on your driveway, please inform the sales staff (extra charges may apply). A barrier to the driveway entrance must be up before the delivery and pickup team arrives or it is acknowledged that you approve of them driving on your driveway.
- Knights Tent and Party also reserves the right to cancel or postpone delivery or increase the delivery/setup/removal charge if site area is over 20 yards (60′) from truck access , down or uphill or in extreme weather conditions, hot/cold or if site is not adequate for proper set up. Any delay of service will be charged at $375 per hour in 15 minute increments. Please measure site properly and have site ready.
- For pick-up, please have all equipment cleaned thoroughly and stacked as delivered on dollies with straps provided and placed a dry location under tent in order to avoid the additional cleaning & breakdown charges. Cleaning of party food machines is an additional $25/ machine. Note: We cannot not accept any food back, opened or unopened for sanitary reasons. All tableware, dishware or glassware needs to be rinsed off and cleared of all food or a 30% cleaning fee will be charged.
Is there a Minimum Order for delivery? What are the requirements for picking up items?
- Our minimum LOCAL (10 mile radius) product order is $250 before tax and delivery. Locations over 10 – 20 miles have a minimum product order of $350 for delivery, 20 miles + Minimum product order for delivery must be over $600. We do offer customer pickups for small items that can be loaded into personal cars or trucks. The fee for customer pickups is $15. Please contact our office for details.
- Customer agrees that Knights is not responsible to any damage to inside nor outside of the vehicle during load, transportation, and unload.
- Customer agrees that it is solely responsible of protecting all areas of their vehicle during load, transportation and unload.
- Customer is responsible to bring vehicle appropriate to handle equipment, size and weight of rented items.
- Customer is required to bring appropriate personnel to load and unload items into and out of their vehicle.
How do I know how many people I can accommodate?
- Knights Tent & Party Rental event coordinators will be glad to visit with you and review your site in preparation for your event. Our cost is $100/hr per site visit but is included free with your confirmed order if within our local delivery area. We offer event design layouts also for $100, to help you visualize your event set up. Events which require travel over 30 miles and/or an overnight stay are not included with the order and will be charged based on mileage driving costs, accommodations, and at $110/hour. We love to help and will dedicate that time to you solely.
What type of linen do you carry?
- We specialize in gorgeous spandex linens, under-table lighting, and chair covers. Our cotton linens are pressed and packaged as well. Please check our linen page. Linens must be ordered no later than 2 weeks prior to delivery.
- You do not have to wash the linens however please shake off any decorations and food prior to pick-up. Do NOT put them in plastic bags… they mildew and get permanently damaged.
- Damaged linens will have to be replaced at new linen purchase price
- Please Wipe Down, Breakdown and Re-stack tables and chairs prior to pickup
- It is up to the drivers discretion if he feels the items were not stacked or cleaned properly. Additional charges may apply.
What if something gets broken?
Knights Tent & Party Rental adds a Damage Waiver with every order. This waiver protects you from accidental damage to the equipment. The full replacement is required if the equipment gets damaged, misplaced or broken from non-careful or non-intended use however. Keep equipment clean and dry. Burns, cuts and wax is not included in the damage waiver.
Do you offer long-term rentals?
- Yes! Knights Tent and Party Rental is pleased to help you with any long-term installation you may need! Whether you’re looking to cover a small or large area or are interested in event pipe and draping or other products, we have you covered! Our Long-term Installations are priced on a month-to-month special rate depending on the install size, time, and location. We deliver, install, and pickup in all of our normal delivery areas as well as Northern Ohio (large tents only) for long-term installations.
How do I pay?
- CANCELLATIONS due to Coronavirus Policy: If requested, Knights will refund deposits made events scheduled during the official state or country lock down only. Deposits can also be moved to future dates as available on a first come/first serve basis within 1 year of the original event. No refunds will be given for events cancelled not during the official state or country lockdown. We will however extend the use of this deposit for 1 year from the original event date so deposit is not lost.
- Knights Tent & Party Rental requires a credit card on file for reservation and a non-refundable deposit of $200. A $500 non-refundable deposit is required for orders over $1000. A 50% non-refundable payment to be made no less than 3 months prior to event, and 100% non-refundable payment to be made no less than 3 weeks prior to event. By creating an invoice order, you, as the client, agree that the FAQ’s and Rental Agreement have been read and agreed to. We will call approximately 1-2 weeks prior to your event to confirm delivery and provide you with an opportunity to make any additions if available.
- Cancellations to orders must be made no less that 6 weeks prior to delivery date so that we can have the opportunity to rent those items however 30′ and 40′ wide tents cannot be refunded 3 months prior to the delivery date.
- Cancellations to orders less that 6 weeks prior to delivery date of all items will have a 50% cancellation. No refunds for large items will be issued within 4 weeks of the delivery date.
- Cancellations to orders less that 3 weeks prior to delivery date will not be refunded.
- In June, however, no tents can be cancelled 48 hours after reservation without the forfeit of the full rental price. Tent size can change as long as it is available however. Note, once the deposit is made, it is non-refundable.
- Your order will be confirmed by email. Payment-In-Full for orders under $1000 must be received by check no less than 2 weeks prior to delivery or by credit card.
- Mail to: KNIGHTS TENT & PARTY RENTAL PO BOX 396 LAKE ORION, MI 48361-0396
- Cash is also accepted at delivery (no checks). If we do not receive payment upon delivery, the credit card provided at the time of your reservation will be charged prior to set-up. If the order gets cancelled or remains an estimate after these services have been provided, the account will be charged for each service. The deposit and subsequent payments made on the due dates are non-refundable.
When should I make a reservation?
- The earlier the better! Popular weekends do fill quickly.
Is there an after hours number in case of emergency?
- Please call the office at 248-238-2400 and leave a voice message. We will get to it as soon as possible.
Storm & Thunder and Lightning Tent Advisory
Under normal weather conditions tents provide an excellent haven for outdoor events. However, tents are only temporary structures made of fabric and are not intended to be occupied during extreme weather conditions. Thunder and lightning storms in particular pose a significant safety risk for tented events.
Knights Tent and Party Rental wants you and your guest to enjoy our tents safely. Please see the following advisory in case severe weather threatens your tented event.
Tents are temporary structures made of fabric and are not intended to be occupied during extreme weather conditions. Thunder and lightning storms and high winds do pose a significant safety risk for tented events.
When you have a lightning storm in the vicinity, the best course of action is to evacuate the tent, with the safest place being an enclosed building.
A safe building is one that is fully enclosed with a roof, walls and floor, and has plumbing or wiring. Examples include a home, school, church, hotel, office building or shopping center. Once inside, stay away from showers, sinks, bath tubs, and electronic equipment such as TVs, radios, corded telephones and computers.
Unsafe buildings include car ports, open garages, covered patios, picnic shelters, beach pavilions, golf shelters, tents of any kind, baseball dugouts, sheds and greenhouses.
To do otherwise would jeopardize the safety of you and your guests. There really is no alternative, even if there is a small chance that someone could be injured it is not a chance that any of us should take.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration [NOAA] maintains these recommendations on their website regarding lightning and thunder storm safety: “There is little you can do to substantially reduce your risk if you are outside in a thunderstorm. The only completely safe action is to get inside a safe building or vehicle.”
Run to a safe building or vehicle when you first hear thunder, see lightning or observe dark threatening clouds developing overhead. Stay inside until 30 minutes after you hear the last clap of thunder. Do not shelter under trees. You are not safe anywhere outside.