Terms And Conditions/Rental Agreement/Weather Advisory
Lessee acknowledges that by providing Lessor with deposit, the FAQ’s, Terms and Conditions Rental Agreement Contract and Weather Advisory has been read and agreed to.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions 248-238-2400.
How do I pay?
- Knights Tent & Party Rental requires a credit card on file for reservation and a non-refundable deposit of $200. A $500 non-refundable deposit is required for orders over $1000. A 50% non-refundable payment to be made no less than 3 months prior to event, and 100% non-refundable payment to be made no less than 3 weeks prior to event. By creating an invoice order, you, as the client, agree that the FAQ’s and Rental Agreement have been read and agreed to. We will call approximately 1-2 weeks prior to your event to confirm delivery and provide you with an opportunity to make any additions if available.
- Cancellations to orders must be made no less that 6 weeks prior to delivery date so that we can have the opportunity to rent those items however 30′ and 40′ wide tents cannot be refunded 3 months prior to the delivery date.
- Cancellations to orders less that 6 weeks prior to delivery date of all items will have a 50% cancellation. No refunds for large items will be issued within 4 weeks of the delivery date. 30′ and 40′ wide tents cannot be refunded 3 months prior to the delivery date.
- Cancellations to orders less that 3 weeks prior to delivery date will not be refunded.
- In June, however, no tents can be cancelled 48 hours after reservation without the forfeit of the full rental price. Tent size can change as long as it is available however. Note, once the deposit is made, it is non-refundable.
- Your order will be confirmed by email. Payment-In-Full for orders under $1000 must be received by check no less than 2 weeks prior to delivery or by credit card.
- Mail your checks to
KNIGHT’S TENT & PARTY RENTAL
PO BOX 396
LAKE ORION, MI 48361-0396
- Cash is also accepted at delivery (no checks). If we do not receive payment upon delivery, the credit card provided at the time of your reservation will be charged prior to set-up. If the order gets cancelled or remains an estimate after these services have been provided, the account will be charged for each service. The deposit and subsequent payments made on the due dates are non-refundable.
What time do you deliver?
- Knights Tent & Party Rental delivers from approx. 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. , sometimes later, barring special requests or scheduling issues, generally 1-3 days before the event. Pick up occurs from approx. 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. sometimes later, and is generally 1-2 days after the event based on schedule. This allows for proper clean-up and organization of the items. Please check your invoice for Delivery Date and Pickup Date and have everything ready for our arrival. Additional charges may apply for specific day and time requests. Late, after hours, Winter, and weekend delivery and pickup requests will also have an additional charge. Note, Delivery Day is generally the target start of the delivery however, at times, start and completion of the job may not occur until day before or the same day as event if there are scheduling issues. We always do our best.
Do your driver’s set-up the equipment? What do I need to do before pick-up?
- Knights Tent & Party Rental staff is happy to set up and tear down all tents, moonwalks, and heavy equipment which is included in our labor cost on all estimates/invoices. There is an additional charge to set up tables and chairs. It is not recommended to set up chairs until the day of your party (to avoid the morning dew and potential of items getting dirty).
- Delivery charges vary upon location and difficulty of tent. Larger orders or further distances vary.
- We do not set up or breakdown tables and chairs, nor place linens on any tables and chairs unless requested at reservation. An extra charge does apply for each service. Note: Sidewalls are not refundable once ordered, even if you choose not to use them.
- Knights is not responsible for damage to sprinkler lines, patios, driveways, decks, porches, etc. We do our best to be very careful in all situations. We ask that you mark all sprinkler lines / heads, utility lines, and inform us of all load capacities for all surfaces. By approving the staking, metal or concrete, on your surface, you acknowledge that your surface is capable of handle the stake depth or load force, if concrete. If you don’t know what the surface is capable of, neither do we. Our responsibility is to assure the tent is secured safely. By placing the order, you acknowledge that you have reviewed and approve of all metal stakes or concrete weights being used to secure your tent.
- We do not recommend resurfacing your driveway just prior to an event. The trucks are heavy and so is our equipment. Could leave tire marks or block indents with fresh asphalt for example.
- If you do not want us to drive on your driveway, please inform the sales staff upon ordering and inform the drivers upon arrival or before for delivery and pickup (extra charges may apply). A barrier to the driveway entrance MUST BE up before the delivery and pickup team arrives or it is acknowledged that you approve of them driving on your driveway.
- Knights Tent and Party also reserves the right to cancel or postpone delivery or increase the delivery/setup/removal charge if site area is over 20 yards (60′) from truck access , down or uphill or in extreme weather conditions, hot/cold or if site is not adequate for proper set up. Any delay of service will be charged at $375 per hour in 15 minute increments. Please measure site properly and have site ready.
- For pick-up, please have all equipment cleaned thoroughly and stacked as delivered on dollies with straps provided and placed a dry location under tent in order to avoid the additional cleaning & breakdown charges. Cleaning of party food machines is an additional $25/ machine. Note: We cannot not accept any food back, opened or unopened for sanitary reasons. All tableware, dishware or glassware needs to be rinsed off and cleared of all food or a 30% cleaning fee will be charged.
Is there a minimum order for delivery? What are the requirements for picking up items?
- Our minimum LOCAL (10 mile radius) product order is $450 before tax and delivery. Locations over 10 – 20 miles have a minimum product order of $900 for delivery, 20 – 30 miles have a minimum product order for delivery must be over $1500. This may also vary based on timeframe.
- We do offer customer pickups for small items that can be loaded into personal cars or trucks. The fee for customer pickups is $15 + required 12% damage waiver. Please contact our office for details.
- Customer agrees that Knights is not responsible to any damage to inside nor outside of the vehicle during load, transportation, and unload.
- Customer agrees that it is solely responsible of protecting all areas of their vehicle during load, transportation and unload.
- Customer is responsible to bring vehicle appropriate to handle equipment, size and weight of rented items.
- Customer is required to bring appropriate personnel to load and unload items into and out of their vehicle.
How do I know how many people I can accommodate?
- Knights Tent & Party Rental event coordinators will be glad to visit with you and review your site in preparation for your event. Our cost is $100/hr per site visit but is included free with your confirmed order if within our local delivery area. We offer event design layouts also for $100, to help you visualize your event set up. Events which require travel over 30 miles and/or an overnight stay are not included with the order and will be charged based on mileage driving costs, accommodations, and at $110/hour. We love to help and will dedicate that time to you solely.
What type of linen do you carry?
- We specialize in gorgeous spandex linens, under-table lighting, and chair covers. Our cotton linens are pressed and packaged as well. Please check our linen page. Linens must be ordered no later than 2 weeks prior to delivery.
- You do not have to wash the linens however please shake off any decorations and food prior to pick-up. Do NOT put them in plastic bags… they mildew and get permanently damaged.
- Damaged linens will have to be replaced at new linen purchase price.
- Please Wipe Down, Breakdown and Re-stack tables and chairs prior to pickup
- It is up to the drivers discretion if he feels the items were not stacked or cleaned properly. Additional charges may apply.
What if something gets broken?
- Knights Tent & Party Rental adds a Damage Waiver with every order. This waiver protects you from accidental damage to the equipment. The full replacement is required if the equipment gets damaged, misplaced or broken from non-careful or non-intended use however. Keep equipment clean and dry. Burns, cuts and wax is not included in the damage waiver.
Do you offer long-term rentals?
- Yes! Knights Tent and Party Rental is pleased to help you with any long-term installation you may need! Whether you’re looking to cover a small or large area or are interested in event pipe and draping or other products, we have you covered! Our Long-term Installations are priced on a month-to-month special rate depending on the install size, time, and location. We deliver, install, and pickup in all of our normal delivery areas as well as Northern Ohio (large tents only) for long-term installations.
When should I make a reservation?
- The earlier the better! Popular weekends do fill quickly.
Is there an after hours number in case of emergency?
- Please call the office at 248-238-2400 and leave a voice message. We will get to it as soon as possible.
- Lessee acknowledges receipt of the herein described personal property. Both parties agree that the property was inspected by the Lessor and personally examined by the Lessee at the time of delivery to and accepted by the Lessee and that the property was in good and serviceable condition.
- Title to the rented property is and at all times shall remain in the Lessor. Only the parties hereto and those other persons whose names are on the invoice or signed the invoiced are authorized to use the property and Lessee will not permit the property to be used by any other person or at any other address other than the address designated on the reverse side with out the expressed consent of the Lessor.
- The parties agree that the Lessor is not the manufacturer of said property nor the agent of the manufacturer and that no warranty is given against evident or hidden defects in material, workmanship or capacity.
- In the event that the rental property becomes unsafe or in a state of disrepair, Lessee agrees to immediately discontinue use and promptly return to the Lessor. If the condition is not the fault of the Lessee, the Lessor shall replace it with property of like kind in good working order.
- At the termination of this agreement, the Lessee will promptly return the rented property and all its parts and attachments, to the Lessor’s place of business. It is to be in the same condition as it was received, ordinary wear and tear excepted. The Lessee agrees to pay for any loss of sale, damage to the property or loss of its parts or attachments, while in his possession or control or if not returned promptly. Should collection or litigation become necessary to collect damage and or loss, Lessee agrees to pay all collection charges, including reasonable attorney’s fees and court cost.
- Lessor shall not be liable to Lessee for any loss, delay or damage of any kind, physical, emotional or financial, resulting from defects, timing or inefficiency of the rented property or accidental breakage.
- Lessor is making Lessee aware that Lessee shall be held responsible for making sure no water, snow, nor ice is allowed to accumulate on the tent. Lessor is making Lessee aware that the tents do not carry a water nor snow /ice load and must be watched to assure structure and fabric is not in danger of being ripped, falling over, nor caving in. Lessee must frequently push or pull water/snow/ice off during a weather event. Lessee agrees to accept charges for replacement or repair of items damaged due to water, snow or ice accumulation.
- Lessor is making Lessee aware that Lessor will not be held responsible for any damage done to personal property, or person(s), under or around the tent due to a collapsing tent brought on by weather or items underground which were not physically marked out as to avoid.
- Lessee agrees to be held responsible if there is any damage done to Knights Tent and Party Rental property or persons due to neglect of taking care of items rented while in Lessee’s possession.
- Lessee agrees to indemnify and save harmless the Lessor against all loss, damage, expense and penalty arising from any action on account of any injury to person or property occasioned by the operation, handling or transportation of the leased property during the rental period or while the property is in possession or control of the Lessee.
- Lessee will give Lessor immediate notice of any levy attempted upon the rental property, or if the property for any cause becomes liable to seizure, and indemnify Lessor against all loss and damages caused by such action including Lessor’s reasonable attorney’s fees and expenses.
- Lessee will not retain the rental property beyond the “Due In” time without prior notice to and the consent of the Lessor. Lessee will pay rental price in advance or with prior agreement with Lessor immediately upon return of the property. Should collection or litigation become necessary, Lessee agrees to pay all collection charges, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs.
- At Lessor’s sole discretion, all charges may revert to the daily rate if any monthly statement or invoice is not promptly paid. Lessor will not make a refund on any items out over thirty (30) minutes. Lessor, may at his sole discretion, report the rental property stolen if held five (5) days beyond “Due In” date.
- Lessee waives and releases Lessor from all claims for injuries or damages to Lessee arising out of the use of the rental property by Lessee.
- If Lessee pays the damage waiver charge (DWC) as specified, subject to the limitations and exclusions below, Lessor agrees to modify the terms of this contract and relieve you of liability for accidental damage to the rented item(s) on this contract, and loss due to fire, collision, windstorm, upset and riot. We exclude from this waiver, however, any loss or damage due to theft, burglary, misuse or abuse, theft by conversion, intentional damage, mysterious disappearance or other loss due to your failure to care for the rented item(s) as a prudent man would his own property, such as proper lubrication. In addition, if the item(s) rented is a truck, you are not relieved of liability of accidental damage to the truck container (box) caused by striking a stationary object. If any such loss tends to indicate a crime may have been committed, a further condition of this waiver is that you must file a report to the proper law enforcement authorities and furnish us with a copy. In addition, if you have insurance for the loss or damage, you shall exercise, and shall empower us to exercise, all your rights to obtain recovery under insurance, shall cooperate with Lessor to obtain recovery and all insurance proceeds shall be given or assigned to the Lessor.
- Lessee agrees that should any paragraph or provision violate law and is unenforceable, the rest of the agreement will be valid.
Regarding Customer Pick-ups:
- The customer agrees that Knights is not responsible for any damage to the inside nor outside of the vehicle during load, transportation, and unload.
- Customer agrees that it is solely responsible for protecting all areas of their vehicle during load, transportation, and unload.
- The customer is responsible to bring a vehicle appropriate to handle equipment, size, and weight of rented items.
- Customer is required to bring appropriate personnel to load and unload items into and out of their vehicle.
Rain, Snow, Wind Storm & Thunder, and Lightning Tent Advisory
- Under normal weather conditions, tents provide an excellent haven for outdoor events. However, tents are only temporary structures made of fabric and are not intended to be occupied during extreme weather conditions. Thunder and lightning storms in particular pose a significant safety risk for tented events.
- Knights Tent and Party Rental is making you aware you are held responsible for making sure NO WATER or SNOW/ICE is ALLOWED to ACCUMULATE on the tent. These tents do not carry water nor a snow/ice load and must be watched to make sure the structure and fabric is not in danger of being ripped, falling over, or caving in. Frequently push or pull water or snow/ice off the tent during and after a weather event.
- Knights Tent and Party will not be held responsible for any damage done to personal property, or persons, under or around the tent due to a collapsing tent brought on by the weather. You will be held responsible if there is any damage done to Knights Tent and Party Rental property listed on the invoice due to neglect of taking care of these items while in your possession. You will be charged to replace any items that have been ruined due to rain, snow, or ice accumulation.
- Knights Tent and Party Rental want you and your guest to enjoy our tents safely. Please see the following advisory in case severe weather threatens your tented event.
- Tents are temporary structures made of fabric and are not intended to be occupied during extreme weather conditions. Thunder and lightning storms and high winds do pose a significant safety risk for tented events.
When you have a lightning storm in the vicinity, the best course of action is to evacuate the tent, with the safest place being an enclosed building.
- A safe building is one that is fully enclosed with a roof, walls, and floor, and has plumbing or wiring. Examples include a home, school, church, hotel, office building, or shopping center. Once inside, stay away from showers, sinks, bathtubs, and electronic equipment such as TVs, radios, corded telephones, and computers.
- Unsafe buildings include car ports, open garages, covered patios, picnic shelters, beach pavilions, golf shelters, tents of any kind, baseball dugouts, sheds, and greenhouses.
To do otherwise would jeopardize the safety of you and your guests. There really is no alternative, even if there is a small chance that someone could be injured it is not a chance that any of us should take.
- The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration [NOAA] maintains these recommendations on their website regarding lightning and thunder storm safety: “There is little you can do to substantially reduce your risk if you are outside in a thunderstorm. The only completely safe action is to get inside a safe building or vehicle.”
- Run to a safe building or vehicle when you first hear thunder, see lightning, or observe dark threatening clouds developing overhead. Stay inside until 30 minutes after you hear the last clap of thunder. Do not shelter under trees. You are not safe anywhere outside.