Frequently Asked Questions & Weather Advisory
Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions and FAQs 248-238-2400.
What time do you deliver?
- Knights Tent & Party Rental delivers from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., generally 1-2 days before the event. This gives you time for set up and decorating before your special event. Pick up from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. is generally 1-2 days after the event. This allows for proper clean-up and organization of the items. We will call approx. 1 week prior to your event in order to narrow the delivery and pick–up times and days. Additional charges may apply if it does not fall within our standard delivery hours.
Do your driver’s set-up the equipment?
- Knights Tent & Party Rental staff is happy to set up and tear down all tents, moonwalks, and heavy equipment which is included in our delivery charge. There is an additional charge to set up tables and chairs. It is not recommended to set up chairs until the day of your party (to avoid the morning dew…and potential of getting dirty.)
- Delivery charges vary upon location and difficulty of tent. Local delivery is $48. Delivery between 10-15 miles is $68, 16-20 miles is $88, 21-30 miles is $108. Tents 30×30 and larger have a delivery/setup/pickup charge of $250- $500 depending on installation. We do not set up or breakdown tables and chairs, nor place linens on any tables and chairs. If you want the drivers to do that, please make the request ahead of time. There is an additional charge. Knights Tent and Party also reserves the right to cancel or postpone delivery or increase the delivery/setup/removal charge if site area is over 20 yards from truck access, down or uphill or in extreme weather conditions, hot/cold/cold or if site is not adequate for proper set up. Please measure site properly. For pick-up, please have all equipment cleaned thoroughly and stacked as delivered on dollies with straps provided and placed a dry location under tent in order to avoid the additional cleaning & breakdown charges. Cleaning of party food machines is an additional $25/ machine. Note , we do not accept any food back, opened or unopened for sanitary reasons.
Is there a Minimum Order?
- Our minimum LOCAL (10 mile radius) product order is $125. The Over 10 mile minimum product order is $250. Please contact our office for details.
How do I know how many people I can accommodate?
- Knights Tent & Party Rental event coordinators will be glad to visit with you and review your site in preparation for your event. Our cost is $100 per site visit but is included free with your confirmed order. We offer event design layouts also for $100, to help you visualize your event set up. Both are included free with your confirmed order.
What type of linen do you carry?
- We specialize in gorgeous spandex linens, undertable lighting, and chair covers. However we also have cotton linens as well. Please check our linen page. Linens must be ordered no later than 2 weeks prior to delivery.
- You do not have to wash the linens however please shake off any decorations and food prior to pick-up. Do NOT put them in plastic bags… they mildew and get permanently damaged.
- Damaged linens will have to be replaced at new linen purchase price
- Wipe Down, Breakdown and Restack tables and chairs prior to pickup
- It is up to the drivers discretion if he feels the items were not stacked or cleaned properly. Additional charges may apply.
What if something gets broken?
Knights Tent & Party Rental adds a Damage Waiver with every order. This waiver protects you from accidental damage to the equipment. The full replacement is required if the equipment gets damaged, misplaced or broken from non-careful or non-intended use however. Keep equipment clean and dry. Burns, cuts and wax is not included in the damage waiver.
How do I pay?
- Knights Tent & Party Rental requires a credit card on file for reservation and a non-refundable deposit of $200. A $500 non-refundable deposit is required for orders over $1000 with 50% to be paid no less than 3 months prior to event & 100% to be paid no less than 3 weeks prior to event. By creating an invoice order, you, as the client agree that the FAQ’s and Rental Agreement have been read and agreed to. We will call approximately 1 week prior to your event to confirm delivery and provide you with an opportunity to make any additions if available.
- Deletions to orders must be made no less that 6 weeks prior to delivery date so that we can have the opportunity to rent those items however 30′ and 40′ wide tents cannot be refunded 3 months prior to the delivery date.
- Deletions to orders less that 6 weeks prior to delivery date of all items will have a 25% cancellation. No refunds for large items will be issued within 4 weeks of the delivery date.
- Deletions to orders less that 3 weeks prior to delivery date of all items will have a 50% cancellation
- In June, however, no tents can be cancelled 24 hours after reservation without the forfeit of the full deposit.
- Your order will be confirmed by email. Payment-In-Full for orders under $1000 must be received by check no less than 2 weeks prior to delivery or by credit card.
- Mail to: KNIGHTS TENT & PARTY RENTAL PO BOX 396 LAKE ORION, MI 48361-0396
- Cash is also accepted at delivery (no checks). If we do not receive payment upon delivery, the credit card provided at the time of your reservation will be charged prior to set-up. There is an additional charge of $100 for site inspection and $100 for layout design, however this is included free with your order. If the order gets cancelled after these services have been provided, the account will be charged $200. The deposit is non-refundable.
Can I get the items early in order to decorate?
- Knights Tent & Party Rental will generally set-up 1-2 days before your event. This gives you time for set up and decorating before your special event. We will call you approx. 1 week prior to your event in order to narrow the delivery and pick–up times and days. Make your request at reservation so we can plan deliveries properly.
When should I make a reservation?
- The earlier the better! Popular weekends do fill quickly.
Is there an after hours number in case of emergency?
- Knight Tent & Party Rental offers a 24 hour, 7 day a week on call service for clients with current orders. We are here for you!
Storm & Thunder and Lightning Tent Advisory
Under normal weather conditions tents provide an excellent haven for outdoor events. However, tents are only temporary structures made of fabric and are not intended to be occupied during extreme weather conditions. Thunder and lightning storms in particular pose a significant safety risk for tented events.
Knights Tent and Party Rental wants you and your guest to enjoy our tents safely. Please see the following advisory in case severe weather threatens your tented event.
Tents are temporary structures made of fabric and are not intended to be occupied during extreme weather conditions. Thunder and lightning storms and high winds do pose a significant safety risk for tented events.
When you have a lightning storm in the vicinity, the best course of action is to evacuate the tent, with the safest place being an enclosed building.
A safe building is one that is fully enclosed with a roof, walls and floor, and has plumbing or wiring. Examples include a home, school, church, hotel, office building or shopping center. Once inside, stay away from showers, sinks, bath tubs, and electronic equipment such as TVs, radios, corded telephones and computers.
Unsafe buildings include car ports, open garages, covered patios, picnic shelters, beach pavilions, golf shelters, tents of any kind, baseball dugouts, sheds and greenhouses.
To do otherwise would jeopardize the safety of you and your guests. There really is no alternative, even if there is a small chance that someone could be injured it is not a chance that any of us should take.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration [NOAA] maintains these recommendations on their website regarding lightning and thunder storm safety: “There is little you can do to substantially reduce your risk if you are outside in a thunderstorm. The only completely safe action is to get inside a safe building or vehicle.”
Run to a safe building or vehicle when you first hear thunder, see lightning or observe dark threatening clouds developing overhead. Stay inside until 30 minutes after you hear the last clap of thunder. Do not shelter under trees. You are not safe anywhere outside.